This us my dream dish for you.. and it's EASY to make.
Looking for more great vegan recipes? Try my Kale & Almond Pesto Pasta, Vegan Fajita Soup , Mushroom Egg Rolls , Mediterranean Hummus Pizza, Basic Marinara Sauce, and Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
2 (17.5 oz) packagesof gnocchi
1 bunch of fresh spinach
1 large zucchini, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 Tbsp. Vegan butter
3 Tbsp. Flour
3 cups unsweetened plant milk
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 (3 oz.) package of sun dried tomatoes*
1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
1 (8 oz.) Daiya mozzarella shreds**
1 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
1/2 cup of vegan Parmesan (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Sautée onions and zucchini over medium heat with Italian seasoning until tender. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and flour together to form a roux. Stir with whisk to prevent lumps.
4. Once you have a blonde colored roux, add plant milk, crushed garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to form your sauce.
5. Whisk well as the sauce comes to a boil. This will prevent lumps.
6. Add your Cheese and allow to melt and become thickened.. about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Pour your packages of gnocchi into an 11×13 casserole dish.
8. Add fresh spinach, zucchini and onions, sun dried tomatoes, olives and your cheese sauce. Toss well.
9. Bake gnocchi for 20 minutes. If using breadcrumbs (see below), add to your gnocchi when there is 10 minutes left to cook.
1. In a small dish, mix panko breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese.
2. Pour breadcrumbs over gnocchi.
Makes 4-6 servings.
* if you don't have sun dried tomatoes in your grocery store.. substitute 1 (15 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes, drained well.
** You can use any vegan mozzarella you enjoy. If you don't like processed vegan cheese, you can use 1/2 to 1 cup of nutritional yeast in its place.. adjust to your tastes.