Monday, March 16, 2015

Mediterranean Hummus Pizza



Follow me for more Vegan inspiration:  Facebook   Instagram   Pinterest   Twitter

I love pizza and I love hummus, why not combine the two for a protein packed lunch? This recipe was so good, I wish I had doubled it. My family definitely approved this easy lunch, so I will be making it again soon.

It's really easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes for a hungry family. Can't beat that in a Vegan meal. I will add some pinenuts next time because we really like them, but that's about the only thing I would do differently. Hope you enjoy & think of all kinds of possibilities using hummus pizza.


Mediterranean Hummus Pizza :
4 whole wheat pita
1 purple onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1/4 cup chopped olives
2 (10 oz.) hummus (I used roasted red pepper, but any flavor is fine)
2 cups chopped spinach
1 (14 oz) artichokes, drained
1 Tbsp capers
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
olive oil
1 cup Vegan mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup unsweetened plant milk
Chopped parsley and pepperoncini peppers to serve.

Preheat oven to 400.

Sautee onions, peppers, & zucchini in oil with Italian seasoning over medium heat until tender. Set aside.

Spread hummus on pizza crust like you would a pizza sauce. 

Top with fresh spinach, sauteed veggies, olives, artichokes, & capers.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt Daiya with milk. Stir to combine. 

Drizzle pizzas with mozzarella cheese sauce.

Cook 20 minutes.

Slice and garnish with chopped parsley and a peppercini pepper before serving.


2 comments: