Monday, March 23, 2015

Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies



Follow me for more great vegan ideas: Facebook   Pinterest   Instagram   Twitter

I made these breakfast cookies for my kids as a reward for eating so healthy lately.They are really enjoying eating Vegan because it means lots of fresh fruits, their favorite. My daughter is a huge fan of blueberries and bananas. these cookies were inspired by her. I wanted her to have a nice warm breakfast today. We fight with cereals, grits and oatmeal lately. What I want them to eat and what they want to eat rarely aligns. Everyone with kids understands this struggle.

This is my "tricked you into eating a low sugar, healthy breakfast anyways" Cookies. I can always get them to eat cookies. Who says you can't eat cookies for breakfast? I make them Vegan ice cream for breakfast, so cookies shouldn't be a surprise. These were super easy, chewy and bursting with blueberries.  What a wonderful & healthy way to start their morning, with a cookie.


Breakfast Cookies:

4 ripe bananas
1 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp chai seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tsp. ground flax seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups Quaker oats
1 cup fresh blueberries (if they are not in season, you can use 1/2 cup dried blueberries or cranberries)

Preheat oven to 350.

In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter for about 30 seconds, until softened.

Chop up bananas and add to peanut butter.

Mash bananas into peanut butter until smooth.

Add chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, cinnamon and oats to peanut butter. Mix well.

Gently fold in the blueberries.

Shape cookies about 2" across & 1/4" thick.

 Place on parchment paper and bake 12- 15 minutes until browned.

Makes a dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment