I made this teice today because I loved it so much & it's so EASY!! I think this is my new "I need something quick" meal.
This recipe is so easy, even a kid could make it (with supervision, of course).
Looking for more great vegan Mexican style recipes? Try my Black Beans over Crispy Polenta, Vegan Taco Tuesday, Baked & Loaded Burritos, Baked Enchiladas, White Bean "Queso" Dip, Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillias, Caribbean Burrito, Cheezy Stuffed Jalepenos, Enchilada Pasta, Jalapeno Popper Dip, Protein Power Burrito & Mexican Lasagna
2 (15 oz.) Cans of chic peas, drained **(keep that liquid! You can freeze aquafaba (chic pea brine) to use as a vegan egg replacer later. 3 Tbsp = 1 egg)**
Vegan cheddar style shreds
1. Smash your chic peas in a bowl and add buffalo sauce. Mix well.
2. Butter one side of your flour tortilla.
3. On the opposite side of the butter, cover 1/2 your flour tortilla with your smashed chic peas.
4. Top chic peas with vegan cheddar style shreddedcheese and a drizzle of vegan ranch.
5. Fold tortilla in half.
6. Place your quesadilla in a skillet over medium heat.
7. Cover skillet while your quesadilla is cooking to make sure your cheese throughly melts & your chic pea filling is warmed completely.
8. Brown quesadilla on both sides
9. Remove from skillet and use a pizza cutter to quarter your quesadilla.
10. Serve with additional vegan ranch for dipping.
Makes 4 quesadillas.