Thursday, July 21, 2016

Protein Power Burrito


I have been walking daily and becoming more interested in my physical fitness. This is my high protein creation to help me build a little muscle and nourish my body. The "meat" is so healthy. It's full of tempeh, seeds and lots of flavor. After all, if it doesn't taste good, you are not going to eat it, right? 

Recipe:

high protein "meat" :

1 (8oz.) Package tempeh, crumbled
1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp. Ground flax seed
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Smokey paprika
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Onion powder
1/2 tsp. Chili powder (optional)
1 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
1 tsp. Salt
Pepper to taste
2/3 cup veggie broth

Burrito filling:

1 cup nopalitas
1 medium onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 cup corn
1 (15 oz.) Can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 (15 oz.) Can pinto beans, rinsed & drained

6-8 flour tortillas
Salsa to top (optional)

Combine all "meat" ingredients, except broth, in a food processor.

Pulse on high until a "meaty" texture is reached.

Pour "meat" into a frying pan. Add broth.

Cook on medium high heat for about 10 mintues, until liquid is absorded.

Set "meat" aside.

Cook onions, peppers, nopalitas, & corn over medium high heat until tender. 

Add beans to your pan and heat throughly.

Layer "meat" and veggies into your torillas and roll tightly.

Top with salsa and serve.

Makes 6-8 servings.




1 comment:

  1. I really which "us" Vegetarian's stop needing to satisfy the ex-meat eaters-newly vegatarians of the world with calling meat substitutes "Meat"!!! Can't we just say it's a Vegetarian Dish and call it a day!? Yes,I too enjoy fake chicken strips! Or tofu scrammble! But it frustrates me and grosses me out when the word "Meat" is used! Ok,thx I needed to vent!☺ I will definitely try a Gluten Free burrito wrap instead in your recipe and love it!!��

    ReplyDelete