Friday, July 1, 2016

Mediterranean Cucumber Salad


Follow me for more Vegan ideas: Facebook    Pinterest    Twitter    Instagram 

This is my husband's favorite lite meal. We make this lovely, colorful, salad frequently. It's a great salad to keep in the refrigerator during the summer, or take to the pool. It's bright and refreshing with fresh lemon juice and parsley, a perfect dish to take to a picnic or cook out.


Recipe:

3 medium cucumbers, pealed and chopped into bite sized pieces 
2 medium tomatoes, chopped 
1 medium purple onion, chopped
1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped 
Juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons 
1 cup olive oil 
1 tsp. Italian seasoning 
1/2 tsp. Dried mint leaves 
Salt and Pepper to taste 

Method:

Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and cover.

Let marinate at least 1 hour before serving. 

Makes 6 servings. 


4 comments:

  1. Could you use fresh mint leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I think that would be great. You can definitely use all fresh herbs vs. Dried herbs in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!,Christi, the more I read throught your page the more proud of you AND INSPIRED BY YOU I get!you've done a FABULOUS JOB with your site and the incredible vegan recipes thar are actually quick, easy, healthy, and taste great!do you do private classes? You really should! And sign me up in the first spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am available for private lessons,if you are interested. That's my next move 😊

    ReplyDelete