Monday, May 21, 2018

Chili & Cheeze Gnocchi


This dish started out as an accident tonight, but ended up being a new family favorite. 

My son had requested gnocchi with tomato sauce and Gardein beefless crumbles. As I started pulling items out the pantry and refrigerator, I noticed I was missing one key ingredient in this plan: the Gardein beefless crumbles. No problem, I'll just grab some mushrooms. One problem, I didn't have any mushrooms! Mikey doesn't like just gnocchi and tomato sauce, so on to "Plan B".

I started searching the pantry and refrigerator for ideas. Green beans, corn, chipotle Just Mayo, maple syrup, beets, oatmeal.. no. Then I saw 2 cans of vegan chili. Yes. Chili is kinda a vegan "tomato & meat sauce". It was worth a try to avoid a last minute run to the grocery store after a day spent cleaning out the garage in 90° weather .

This "mistake" was perfect! My husband and son both had seconds! I love it when a moment of desperate creativity becomes a masterpiece. The bonus part is that it only took a few minutes to prep, a few minutes to cook, and it was very inexpensive to make. This is my favorite kind of recipe - perfect for a busy mom after a hard day!

If you like this easy vegan recipe, try my Easy Vegan Sunday DinnerCheezy Tater Tot CasseroleMediterranean Cucumber SaladSummer Berry CobblerTurkish Lentils and RicePumpkin Spice Cupcakes, & Kale & Almond Pesto Pasta

On to the recipe...

Ingredients:

2 packages of gnocchi
2 cans of vegan chili
1 cup Follow Your Heart vegan cheeze
(That's it!)
Optional: fresh, chopped parsley, to garnish

Method:

1. Preheat oveoven to 450°.

2. Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium heat .

3. Once your water is at a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt.

4. Add your gnocchi to your salted water & boil 2-3 minutes (gnocchi will float when ready).

5. Drain gnocchi well.

6. Grease an 11x13" casserole dish with vegan butter.

7. Pour gnocchi into your greased casserole and top with chili and cheeze.

8. Cook gnocchi 20-25 minutes ,until cheeze is melted.

9. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Serving suggestion - vegan crescent rolls and salad.

Makes 4-6 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment