Thursday, September 24, 2015

Classic Vegan Chili


Follow Me :  Facebook     Pinterest    Twitter     Instagram

This is the first vegan chili I have ever attempted & I won 2nd place in a cook off tonight! I had such a wonderful time talking to everyone and sharing vegan food with new people. I set up my table with a store bought vegan sour cream and my Lazy Vegan Beer Cheeze sauce  to show just how delicious a real vegan meal tastes. I gave everyone who asked my blog address so I could share this recipe & hopefully a few more with my new friends. (You never know who you have reached at the right moment.) I can now say I make an "award winning" chili - that's pretty awesome!


Award Winning Vegan Chili:

1 (13.7 oz.) bag of Gardein beefless crumbles
2 Tbsp. oil of choice
2 Tbsp. chili powder to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. thyme
3 -4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped chipolte peppers in adobe sauce
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 Yellow pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
1 pobalno pepper,  chopped
2 (28 oz.) cans of petite diced tomatoes
2 (15 oz.) cans of seasoned tomato sauce
2 (15 oz.) cans of red beans, drained & rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can of pinto beans, drained & rinsed
1 (26 oz.) can of black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups veggie broth
Salt & pepper to taste

Optional toppings :

Hot sauce
Lazy Vegan Beer Cheese Sauce
vegan sour cream 

Method :

Brown Gardein beefless crumbles in oil over medium heat. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and soy sauce.

Add onions & peppers with Gardein beefless crumbles. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes, until tender.

Add garlic to the skillet. Allow to cook through, but do not burn.

Pour Gardein mixture into a large crock pot on low heat.

Add chipolte peppers, red beans, pinto beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and veggie broth to crock pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.

Add salt and pepper to taste . 

Cook on low heat for about 6 hours.

Serve with vegan cheese sauce, vegan sour cream and your favorite garnishes.

Makes 12-16 servings




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!! I won 2nd place in Steam Hollow's chili cook off in Manteno, Illinois with your recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!!! I won 2nd place in Steam Hollow's chili cook off in Manteno, Illinois with your recipe!!!!💓💓💓

    ReplyDelete