Monday, June 22, 2015

Lazy Vegan Beer Cheese Sauce




Follow me for more great vegan recipes- Facebook   Pinterest   Twitter   Instagram

I'm a busy vegan mom who loves sports and nachos. Short cuts are my friend! I have been making the amazing cheese sauce recipe from veggie on a penny for months, but I hate peeling and boiling veggies. So I used my busy mom skills to come up with a solution for snacks with my husband that will get me back to the game quick. (This recipe does call for beer, so if you're making it for kids, sub it out for water or veggie broth since it will not cook out).


Lazy Vegan Beer Cheese Sauce:

1 can (15 oz) potatoes, drained
1/2 can (15 oz) carrots, drained
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup of your favorite vegan beer ( or veggie broth)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp.  paprika
1-2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar 
Pickled or fresh jalapeños to taste (optional)

Toss it all in the blender on high until smooth.

Heat in a microwave safe dish and serve with your favorite chips or toss with warm pasta for a delicious vegan mac-n-cheese.

This recipe freezes and reheats well.

You can add to a ice cube tray to freeze into individual servings. 

Makes about 4 cups.

2 comments:

  1. I have made this several times. I love it!!! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good! Especially how easy it is! I made a few changes. I did veggie broth instead of beer and soy milk in place of the olive oil to make it oil free. Next time I will cut back on the amount of nutritional yeast. Other than that... Love it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete