Monday, December 24, 2018

The BEST vegan Sausage-less balls Ever!

What happened today, changed my life & upped my cooking a HUGE notch! I got a tip today about adding cream cheese to your Sausage-less balls to keep them tender. O-M-G!! I will NEVER make them any other way again!! 

Recipe: 

1 package LightLife smart sausage 
1 (8oz) bag vegan shredded cheddar style cheeze. 
1.5 cups Bisquik 
4 oz. Vegan cream cheeze 
1/2 tsp. chilli powder (optional)
Salt & pepper

Dipping sauce: 

Vegan ranch (or sour cream)
Hot sauce to taste.

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 425.

2. Combine all ingredients for Sausage-less balls in a large mixing bowl by hand (*plastic gloves makes this easier, if you have long nails)

3. Roll mixture into 1/2" balls

4. Place evenly on a greased cookie sheet.

5. Cook for 20 minutes, or until Sausage-less ballsare thoroughly cooked.

6. In a mixing bowl, combine vegan ranch & hot sauce to taste.  

7. Remove Sausage-less balls and serve immediately with spicy ranch. 

Makes 8 -10 servings

3 comments:

  1. I got the Lightlife Smart sausage and as I’m putting the meatballs in the oven it was pointed out to me that the sausages are not vegan. They have egg whites in them. Mine came with 4 links. Did I buy the wrong ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Gimme Lean? That does not show egg whites as an ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought the wrong style. Use the one that's packaged just like regular breakfast sausage.

    ReplyDelete