It's Summer time and vegetables are plentiful. We have so many fresh zucchini, summer (yellow) squash, green beans, & tomatoes. Roasted Veggies is a very frequent meal at our home in the Summer and mashed potatoes are ALWAYS a favorite...so let's have BOTH!
This is an easy meal. I'm taking the short cut of using mashed potato flakes and "doctoring" them for convenience (nothing against homemade, please use homemade if you have the time). All you have to do is cut up your vegetables, toss them in your marinade (which becomes a delicious sauce for your potatoes!), and roast while you do your laundry, help kids with homework, or enjoy a glass of wine while catching up on one of your favorite shows. This is so simple, it will become a staple in your home too.
Looking for more easy vegan family meals? Try my Vegan Cabbage Rolls, BBQ Tempeh over Southwestern Cauliflower "Rice", Baked Crispy Tofu, Kale Stuffed Eggplant "Parm", Chipotle Mac-n-Cheese with Smokey Lentils, Creamy Jackfruit Casserole & Baked Ziti
3 small yellow squash, chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
8 oz. Mushrooms
2 cups green beans, chopped
2 cups carrots, chopped
1 large purple onion, chopped
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes w/ juice
1 head of garlic cloves, pealed
1 cup Italian dressing
Salt, pepper, paprika to taste
6 servings of mashed potatoes
Fresh chopped chives
1 Tbsp. Turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. Toss chopped veggies with diced tomatoes (do not drain!), Italian dressing, salt, pepper & paprika.
3. Pour veggies into a large roasting pan.
4. Cook 30- 40 minutes (depending on how large you chopped your veggies), stirring once about half way through.
5. Prepare your mashed potatoes adding fresh chives and turmeric.
6. Once your veggies are "fork tender", remove from oven.
7. Layer your mashed potatoes & top with roasted veggies. Make sure you get the pan sauce to pour over your mashed potatoes because it's delicious!
Makes 4-6 servings