As any vegan will tell you, ethnic food is one of your best bets when eating a meal at a restaurant. Our family loves Thai food. Our local Thai restaurant offers many vegan options, that make going out to dinner very easy. This is one of our favorite meals when we go out to that Thai restaurant.
I found panang curry paste at our local Asian Market and decided to give it a try. We usually order panang with tofu, but today I decided to make it with Asian style veggies. Using the veggies, makes this an easy & quick weeknight meal... which is very important in this family!
Looking for more easy vegan Asian meals? Try my Hot Chili Ramen Sriracha Roasted Tofu with Rainbow Veggies Mushroom Eggrolls Vegan Fried Rice & Red Curry Veggies with Ramen
6 cups of prepared rice
1 (4 oz) can of panang curry paste*
2 (13.5 oz) cans of coconut milk
3 Tbsp. Oil
2 Tbsp. Creamy peanut butter (optional, but it makes it creamier!)
2 (14 oz) bags of Asian style veggies, defrosted
Sriracha to garnish (optional)
1. Cook your panang curry paste in oil over medium heat until fragrant.
2. Add peanut butter. Let peanut butter melt into the curry paste.
3. Add coconut milk. Stir to combine.
4. Add you veggies to your curry. Let the curry come to a boil.
5. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve over rice.
* if you want it less spicy, adjust panang paste to taste. 1/2 a can is mild, full can is medium heat.
Makes 4 - 6 servings